- Diabetes Treatment
(Type 1 and Type 2 Medications and Diet) Center
- Type 2 Diabetes: Learn the Warning Signs
- Diabetes Friendly Dining
- Type 2 Diabetes: Test Your Medical IQ
- Patient Comments: Diabetes Treatment - Effective Treatments
- Patient Comments: Diabetes - Diet
- Patient Comments: Diabetes Treatment - Medications
- Patient Comments: Diabetes Treatment - Insulin
- Find a local Endocrinologist in your town
- Diabetes type 1 and type 2 definition and facts
- What is diabetes?
- What is prediabetes? How is it treated?
- What is the treatment for diabetes?
- Medications for type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes diet
- Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors
- SGLT2 inhibitors
- DPP-4 inhibitors
- GLP-1 receptor agonists
- Pramlintide (Symlin)
- Combination medications for type 2 diabetes
- Treatment of diabetes with insulin
- Different methods of delivering insulin
- Alternative treatments for diabetes
- Which specialties of doctors treat type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
Diabetes type 1 and type 2 definition and facts
- Controlling blood sugar (glucose) levels is the major goal of diabetes treatment, in order to prevent complications of the disease.
- Type 1 diabetes is managed with insulin as well as dietary changes and exercise.
- Type 2 diabetes may be managed with non-insulin medications, insulin, weight reduction, or dietary changes.
- The choice of medications for type 2 diabetes is individualized, taking into account:
- the effectiveness and side effect profile of each medication,
- the patient's underlying health status,
- any medication compliance issues, and
- cost to the patient or health-care system.
- Medications for type 2 diabetes can work in different ways to reduce blood glucose levels. They may:
- increase insulin sensitivity,
- increase glucose excretion,
- decrease absorption of carbohydrates from the digestive tract, or
- work through other mechanisms.
- Medications for type 2 diabetes are often used in combination.
- Different methods of delivering insulin include:
- pre-filled pens, and
- the insulin pump.
- Proper nutrition is a part of any diabetes care plan. There is no one specific "diabetic diet" that is recommended for all individuals.
- Pancreas transplantation is an area of active study for the treatment of diabetes.
Type 2 Diabetes Diet
A type 2 diabetes diet is based on eating foods low on the glycemic index, for example:
- Whole wheat
- Brown rice
- Steel-cut oatmeal
What is diabetes?
Normally, blood glucose levels are tightly controlled by insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas. Insulin lowers the blood glucose level. When the blood glucose elevates (for example, after eating food), insulin is released from the pancreas. This release of insulin promotes the uptake of glucose into body cells. In patients with diabetes, the absence of insufficient production of or lack of response to insulin causes hyperglycemia. Diabetes is a chronic medical condition, meaning that although it can be controlled, it lasts a lifetime.
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas cannot produce insulin. Type 1 diabetes was formerly known as juvenile diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is more a result of insulin resistance (cells not being able to use insulin effectively or at all. It was formerly known as adult-onset diabetes or non-insulin-dependent diabetes.
best blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh 🔴how to best blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh for SLIDESHOWType for 1 last update 2020/07/15 2 Diabetes Diagnosis, Treatment, MedicationType 2 Diabetes Diagnosis, Treatment, Medication See for 1 last update 2020/07/15 SlideshowSee Slideshow
What is the 1 last update 2020/07/15 prediabetes? How is it treated?
What is prediabetes? How is it treated?
Prediabetes is the term used to describe elevated blood sugar (glucose) that has not yet reached the level for a type 2 diabetes diagnosis. It can be treated by lifestyle changes such as consuming a healthy diet, weight loss, and regular exercise.
best blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh 🔥how to best blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh for What is the treatment for diabetes?
best blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh ☑how to best blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh for The major goal in treating type 1 and type 2 diabetes is to control blood sugar (glucose) levels within the normal range, with minimal for 1 last update 2020/07/15 excursions to low or high levels.The major goal in treating type 1 and type 2 diabetes is to control blood sugar (glucose) levels within the normal range, with minimal excursions to low or high levels.
Type 1 diabetes is treated with:
- exercise, and a
- type 1 diabetes diet.
Type 2 for 1 last update 2020/07/15 diabetes is treated:Type 2 diabetes is treated:
- First with weight reduction, a type 2 diabetes diet, and exercise
- Diabetes medications (oral or injected) are prescribed when these measures fail to control the elevated blood sugars of type 2 diabetes.
- If other medications become ineffective treatment with insulin may be initiated.
Latest Diabetes News
Daily Health News
Medications for type 2 diabetes
Note that these medications used to treat type 2 diabetes are typically not used in pregnant or breastfeeding women. At present the only recommended way of controlling diabetes in women who are pregnant or breastfeeding is by diet, exercise, and insulin therapy. You should speak with your health-care professional if you are taking these medications, are considering becoming pregnant, or if you have become pregnant while taking these medications.
Medications for type 2 diabetes are designed to
- increase insulin output by the pancreas,
- decrease the amount of glucose released from the liver,
- increase the sensitivity (response) of cells to insulin,
- decrease the absorption of carbohydrates from the intestine, and
- slow emptying of the stomach, thereby delaying nutrient digestion and absorption in the small intestine.
A preferred drug can provide more than one benefit (for example, lower blood sugar and control cholesterol). Varying combinations of medications can control diabetes. Not every patient with type 2 diabetes will benefit from every drug, and not every drug is suitable for each patient.
The medications for type 2 diabetes fall into specific classes based upon the way they work to achieve control of blood sugar. These drug classes include:
QUESTIONbest blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh 🔥how to best blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh for Diabetes is defined best as... See Answer
Proper nutrition is essential for all people with diabetes. Control of blood glucose levels is only one goal of a healthy eating plan. A diabetic diet helps achieve and maintain a normal body weight, while preventing the common cardiac and vascular complications of diabetes.
There is no prescribed diet plan for diabetes and no single “diabetes diet”. Eating plans are tailored to fit each individual's needs, schedules, and eating habits. Each diabetes diet plan must be balanced with the intake of insulin and other diabetes medications. In general, the principles of a healthy diabetes diet are the same for everyone. Consumption of various foods in a healthy diet includes whole grains, fruits, non-fat dairy products, beans, lean meats, vegetarian substitutes, poultry, or fish.
People with diabetes may benefit from eating small meals throughout the day, instead of eating one or two heavy meals. No foods are absolutely forbidden for people with diabetes. Attention to portion control and advance meal planning can help people with diabetes enjoy the same meals as everyone else.
Glycemic index and glycemic load are further considerations in considering a meal plan for people with diabetes. Foods with low glycemic index and load raise blood sugar more slowly than high glycemic index/load foods. Glycemic index refers to a standardized measurement, while glycemic load takes a typical portion size into account.
Meal timing and amount of insulin administration are considerations when planning a diet for people with type 1 diabetes.
Weight reduction and exercise
Weight reduction and exercise are important treatments for type 2 diabetes. Weight reduction and exercise increase the body's sensitivity to insulin, thus helping to control blood sugar elevations.
Subscribe to MedicineNet''s blood sugar (blood glucose) is either too high (hyperglycemia) or too low (hypoglycemia) due to problems with insulin regulation in the body. There are two main types of diabetes mellitus, type 1 and type 2. Type 1 diabetes usually occurs during childhood, while type 2 diabetes usually occurs during adulthood, however, rates of both types of diabetes in children, adolescents, and teens is increasing. More men than women have diabetes in the US, and the disease can affect men differently than women.
Warning symptoms of diabetes that men have and women do not include low testosterone (low-t), sexual problems, impotence (erectile dysfunction), decreased interest in sex, and retrograde ejaculation.
Type 1 and type 2 diabetes symptoms and signs that are the same in men and women include skin infections, numbness or tingling in the feet or hands, nausea, excessive thirst or hunger, fatigue, irritability, blurred vision, weight gain, weight loss, urinary tract infections (URIs), and kidney problems.
Treatment for type 1 diabetes is insulin, and treatment for type 2 diabetes are lifestyle changes like eating a healthy diet, getting exercise daily, and if necessary, diabetes medications.
Type 2 Diabetes Diet Plan
There are other causes of hyperhomocysteinemia, for example, alcoholism.
Supplementing the diet with folic acid and possibly vitamins B6 and B12 supplements can lower homocysteine levels. Currently there is no direct proof that taking folic acid and B vitamins lower homocysteine levels and prevent heart attacks and strokes. Talk to your doctor if you feel you need to have your homocysteine blood levels checked.
best blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh 🔥how to best blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh for Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum Picture
Normal Blood Sugar Levels (Ranges) In Adults with Diabetes
People with diabetes can manage and prevent low or high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia) by keeping a log of your blood sugar levels when you are eating and fasting and eat foods that are high in carbohydrates and sugar, for example, buttered potatoes, candy, sugary desserts, and fatty foods.
Blood tests, for example, the hemoglobin A1c test (A1c test) and urinalysis can diagnose the type of diabetes the person has. Diabetes during pregnancy, called gestational diabetes, should be managed by you and your OB/GYN or another healthcare professional.
Extremely high levels of blood glucose in the blood can be dangerous and life threatening if you have type 1, type 2, or gestational diabetes.
If you or someone that you are with has extremely high blood glucose levels, call 911 or go to your nearest Urgent Care or Emergency Department immediately.
best blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh ☑how to best blood sugar test machine price in bangladesh for To prevent and manage high blood glucose levels in people with diabetes keep a log of your blood sugar levels, eat foods that are high in carbohydrates sugar, for example, buttered potatoes, candy, sugary deserts, and fatty foods that you can share with your doctor and other healthcare professionals.
Diabetes: What Raises and Lowers Your Blood Sugar Level?
Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus)
Staphylococcus or staph is a group of bacteria that can cause a multitude of diseases. Staph infections can cause illness directly by infection or indirectly by the toxins they produce. Symptoms and signs of a staph infection include redness, swelling, pain, and drainage of pus. Minor skin infections are treated with an antibiotic ointment, while more serious infections are treated with intravenous antibiotics.